Moving your self is a popular option now. Self-service movers might seem like the better option, but that isn’t always the case. Port St. Lucie Movers, DeVries Family Moving & Storage, have put together some tips on how to choose between a mover and a u-pack. And why in most cases it hiring professional movers may be beneficial depending on the circumstances of your relocation.
Hiring Professional Movers – When You May & May Not Need To
- Small Moves – If you are moving just yourself or you and a roommate, you can probably do that yourself. Generally, one bedroom and studio apartments don’t have too much furniture.
- College Moves – These are another example of doing it yourself. You might not even need to rent a truck for this kind of move.
- International Moves– You will definitely want to talk to a mover. When you move to a different country, you are dealing with more than just shipping issues. You have to worry about immigration laws and bring items into the country. You will want someone there who knows what to do.
- Family Homes – Family homes might not seem too bad, but chances are you will have a lot more than you think. Even if you are moving just down the street, you will want a moving company to help you pack, move and unload your items.
- Long Distance – If you and your family are traveling over a few hundred miles, you will want a mover. Movers will be able to load up your items and drive. You will probably need a couple breaks and maybe you’ll want to take a side trip. Plus rental trucks need to be driven with caution or you could break your cargo or the truck.
As a general rule of thumb, the more items you have, the more you will want a mover to help. It’s a great idea to use their assistance, especially with heavy furniture. There is a reason why they are professionals. Sure, hiring movers is more money, but it’s a lot cheaper than a hospital bill.
For your next move, plan accordingly. If you are in need a moving company or even moving help, contact DeVries Family Moving. We will gladly take you and your family to your new home.
Call DeVries Family Moving & Storage at (772) 873-7088 or fill out our quick and easy quote form for your free estimate!