When is the best time to move?
Take all factors into consideration when deciding on the best time for you to move. Keep in mind, however, that the summer months (mid-May to mid-September) and the beginning and end of each month (regardless of the season) are particularly busy for moving companies and may require more flexibility and advanced scheduling.
How do I determine which moving companies to contact?
Ask your neighbors, friends, coworkers and family members if they can make recommendations. Investigate each of the movers you select with the Better Business Bureau. Good service is the best measure of a good mover.
When should I contact moving companies for estimates?
Try to provide moving companies with as much notice as possible, especially if you are moving during the summer months. We recommend at least four to six weeks before your desired moving date. This will increase your likelihood of securing the pickup and delivery dates you desire.
What happens when a relocation consultant comes to my home?
What happens when a relocation consultant comes to my home? The relocation consultant will arrive at your home to perform a visual survey of your items. The consultant must be able to clearly see what is being moved in order to provide you with an accurate estimate. If you know of items that are out of view or will be eliminated, be certain to point them out to the consultant. Once the visual survey is completed, the consultant will calculate the weight, packing cost and any other charges related to your move.
Household Moving Tips
Preparing For The Move
- Have a garage sale. Get rid of everything you don't need before you move.
- Get organized now. Don't wait until the last minute. Make list of things you need to do and when.
- Make sure you are ready for the packers and movers. Don't forget to do the laundry, wash the dishes, pack your suitcases, disconnect computers, stereos, and VCRs.
- Set aside those items that you will be taking with you and clearly mark them as Do Not Pack.
- Arrange to close your accounts at your local bank and opens accounts in your new hometown.
- Obtain a change-of-address kit from your post office or go to moversguide.usps.com
- Drain the gas and oil from all your power equipment (lawnmower, edger, etc.)
- Schedule house cleaning and other home services for the day after loading.
- Have your utilities shut off the day after loading (gas, electric, telephone, etc)
- Make your travel arrangements for the day after loading. In case of weather delays or other unforeseen problems, you wouldn't want to miss a flight or other travel related appointment.
- Before the moving truck leaves for your destination, give the driver your phone numbers where you can be reached. It is also a good idea to get the driver's cell phone number.
Be aware of items that can't be moved with the mover. These items include:
- Flammable Items
- Combustible Items
- Aerosol cans
- Hazardous Materials
- Ammunition and Explosives
- Legal Documents (wills, financial papers, insurance documents, etc.)
MOVING TIPS & RESOURCES
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
“ Your crew exceeded all my expectations. Thank you.”
- Kevin J.
Perfect from Beginning to End
“ Totally professional from point of sale (Ron D.) to the 3 movers (Tom, Dave, BJ). Very friendly and made sure to take great care of all our belongings; overall the whole experience was totally perfect from beginning to end!”
- Jeffrey T.
Wonderful Moving Experience
“ Dear Dean, Thanks for a wonderful moving experience. I received a lot of calls and emails from moving companies and found you to be the most honest and professional. We live in Pennsylvania so it was hard to pick a company without being in Florida. We were very satisfied and our partner said your men were very professional and punctual. Your quotes were also fair and exact (no hidden fees) which we like. Best of luck with your business and if we should need to move again you will be the one handling our move. Best Regards, Kathy DeRemer”
- Kathy D.
Professional, Expert Service
“ Dean, I just wanted to commend the gentlemen who moved me on May 2, 2011. They were polite, professional and very efficient. They worked for over 7 hours and never stopped once, even though I offered them lunch and beverages. They drank water as they worked. I'm extremely pleased and have recommended your moving service to others. I'm sure it won't be my last move but for now I will give the hard working men a break! It was not an easy task. Thank you, again, for your professional, expert service. With appreciation, Karen Avedisian”
- Karen A.
Port Saint Lucie Movers Review
“ The entire moving exercise went superbly, from packing to loading to delivery to unpacking. All who contributed to the effort were courteous and dedicated to the task. Further, the estimate was virtually on target. So on behalf of my mother, Hazel Henry, we give a big Thumbs Up for the efforts of your team. Thanks so much, Myron Henry”
- Myron H
5.0 rating based on 12,345 ratingsOverall rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.