If you’re preparing for a move, then it’s important to take the time to shred and dispose of your sensitive documents containing any personal information carefully. Identity theft is becoming more and more common, and the last thing you want is to become a statistic. At DeVries Family Moving & Storage, our household moving professionals are dedicated to making every step of your relocation safe and successful.
Disposal of Important Documents During a Residential Move
Some documents you should dispose of with extra care include:
- Tax Information: Ideally, you should keep your returns. After three years, you can throw out other tax-related documents. Be sure to shred thoroughly.
- Bank Statements: Shred your old bank statements instead of tossing them in the trash. They do contain your account numbers, after all!
- Credit Card Statements: Don’t allow identity thieves to find your credit card information, and shred all statements and related documents
- Paycheck Stubs: Unless you’re applying for a loan, it’s a good idea to shred your paycheck stubs
- Canceled Checks: Checks can contain account routing numbers and even credit card information. Be sure to shred them carefully
- Photo IDs: Shred old badges and IDs with your picture, address, and other personal information.
- Utility Bills: Shred your old bills for extra security.
Contact DeVries Family Moving today for more custom assistance with your moving preparations. Our friendly staff is qualified to address your every moving need!