Moving may be a huge process, but sometimes the biggest challenge is moving in. Your boxes are stacked high in each corner and there is a lot of unpacking and organizing that needs to be done. It can be just as overwhelming as packing. As Hobe Sound movers, we have years of experience moving people into their new homes and we have picked up a few tricks.
- Take It One Room at a Time – Start with your main rooms first. You will want to unpack and clean the necessary rooms before you start with those that are used less.
- Arrange Furniture First – Get your big pieces of furniture settled first. This will help you determine where the smaller pieces should go.
- Don’t Underestimate Décor – One of the items that is usually ignored is décor, but this can also be what makes your house feel like home. While you are unpacking other items, lean your artwork against various walls to get a feel for where you like them. Then once you know you like the spot, go ahead and hang it up.
- Organize in Sections – It can be tempting to try to organize every shelf or cabinet right away, but that can quickly become overwhelming. Instead, start with one section and then move to the next.
- Act It Out- You might feel stupid doing this at first, but it can save you a lot of hassle in the future, especially in the kitchen. Pretend you are cooking or putting items away. As you pretend to grab the knife or plate, where do you instinctively go? That is where you should put those items.
Unpacking might be a difficult task, but with the right planning and patience, it can be done quickly and efficiently. If you are looking for a Hobe Sound moving company, call the professionals at DeVries Family Relocation. We will work with you to create a custom moving solution to fit your needs. Call us at (772) 873-7088 or fill out our quick and easy quote form for your free estimate today!